iOS | Android | Windows Phone
Mobile Software Engineer
In 2011 I graduated with a First-class honours degree in computer science, specialising in Software Engineering.
Key modules included Computer Research (A**) and Advanced OOP (A*).
I researched the use of mobile technology in business for my final dissertation, and created an advanced mobile application for Countrywide Farmers Plc, which aimed to transfer their paper based systems to a full digital implementation.
Hi, I’m Simon
In my free time I enjoy cycling, running, astronomy and having a relaxing game of snooker with friends.
With the time I have left I focus on personal projects, and learning new technologies that I find interesting.
In September 2011, I joined mxData’s mobile app consultancy team.
mxData specialise in delivering travel orientated applications e.g. BusLondon, which I am proud to say was my very first project at mxData, and is now used by hundreds of thousands of people on a monthly basis.
At mxData I mainly focus my expertise on iOS related projects, although I have developed multiple Android applications for clients, which include the Canal & River Trust and Manchester Council.
myJDownloader – iOS
myJDownlaoder for iOS is the project I’m currently working on in my free time.
The app, from anywhere in the world, connects to your computers, laptops and servers for you to view and manage the status of downloads. Here’s a small list of the features that are already included and working:
1) Connects to computers remotely from anywhere in the world, or with a local IP if your on the same network for super fast update times
2) Ability to start, stop, restart, pause and cancel any download
3) Grabs url’s from your iOS clipboard and sends them to your selected computer or server ready for download (100% automated if selected)
- iPhone, iPad, Xcode, Objective-C, Swift, Storyboards, Auto-Layout, Cocoa, UIKit
- Android, Java, Android Studio
- Windows Phone, C#, XAML
- JSON, XML, XSLT
- Jira, Trac, Confluence
- Subversion, GIT
GET IN TOUCH
I can always spare some time to chat – whatever you want to contact me about, feel free to use this contact form, or contact me directly at email@example.com.